Tea blog editorial and the year ahead. Every cup of tea tells a story and you can look forward to many of them here.
Welcome to January 2018 and my year ahead preview where I show you what’s in store for this tea blog and what you can expect in the coming year. I have a lot of exciting things planned.
If you’re new to Life Is Better With Tea, you may be wondering why I would want to publish the editorial calendar on my tea blog. Industry projections report that 2018 will be a great year for specialty teas, with natural, health-focused iced teas bringing in the most growth.
Every Cup of Tea Tells a Story
Tea has been around for over 5,000 years and people all over the world continue to innovate, create and simply do amazing things with this humble little leaf.
Tea innovations run the gamut from matcha tea smoothies to ancient Pu –erh. There are so many glorious choices.
To me, tea is more than a beverage. It’s a reflection of culture, family traditions, and the changing world we live in. It’s a connection to our past and fuel for our future. It’s a lifestyle. I’m so honored to share my tea journey with you.
Why Start a Tea Blog?
This all started as my way of connecting others to tea because, in the beginning, it was all about my tea business and spreading the word. There was just so much more to tea than I could ever express in a bottle of iced tea.
And now this tea blog has taken on a life its own. It’s aimed at all those who have a general interest in tea and it is open to anyone from anywhere in the world.
I began my tea journey after retiring from a career as a registered nurse. You will find that in many recipes and blog posts I incorporate nutritional facts along with their healthful benefits.
It’s my training and background that compels me to see the world and everything in it through the lens of a healthcare professional. It’s just who I am.
Much to the chagrin of my children who always thought I was overly cautious with them. Not to mention the banning of all neon colored and artificially created foods that children seem to love so much. But that’s what happens when your mother works in the emergency room.
It is my hope this viewpoint will help you as you incorporate tea in all its many forms into your daily life and into a healthy lifestyle.
2017 Tea Editorial Year in Review
Before we begin with the preview of my editorial year ahead, I want to start off with my 2017 wrap up. 2017 was a great year for many reasons and you will read why below. It was the first full year of the Life Is Better With Tea blog.
12 Popular Tea Blog Posts I Definitely Recommend Reading:
- 7 Best Tea Books to Make You an Expert
- What Is Specialty Tea?
- The Miracle of Oolong Tea
- The Zen of Black Dragon Pearl
- Top 10 Health Benefits of Tea
- 3 Ways to Reduce Stress Naturally
- Ginger Lemon Tea
- Earl Grey Tea Cocktail
- 10 Best Online Tea Shops
- Insanely Delicious Strawberry Iced Tea
- Why Drink Tea Every Day?
- Tea Quotes That Will Make You a Better Person
2017 was a huge year for me and this tea blog. Readership grew significantly. I currently have over 20,000 monthly readers and I’m so excited to have each and every one of you here.
It may not sound like a lot but I started with zero readers. Clearly, I’m writing about matters tea lovers enjoy. But I need to know more about what you want. Let me know in the comments what tea topics you’d like to read more about.
I’ve learned a lot over the past year and have been applying everything that I’ve learned towards my blog.
And, I know that 2018 will be even better. I am learning more and more about tea and about improving my blog, so I have a good feeling that 2018 will be great as well.
Related: 10 Best Online Tea Shops
Sipping Specialty Tea
There is so much to write about in the tea world. I’m trying to focus on every aspect and teach my readers as much as I can about tea. At the same time, I’d like to give you the information you need to get you started with tea and incorporating tea into your daily life.
I’m especially interested in introducing people to Specialty Tea, which is a world apart from the typical tea bagged tea most of us buy in the supermarkets.
I’ve been a tea drinker my entire life and it wasn’t until I started my tea business that I really discovered this whole new world of tea. It’s been so exciting that I just love sharing everything I’m learning.
This is why I include recipes. Many people don’t even realize they can make recipes incorporating tea. And yet, that’s exactly what brought me to the tea business in the first place. My iced tea recipes that everyone loved so much.
2018 Tea Blog Editorial Year Ahead
The first thing on the agenda is that I’m currently putting together an e-book of iced tea recipes called 100 Amazing Gourmet Iced Tea Recipes. You’re in for a treat here!
It will be available for sale on this tea blog in June 2018 – so stay tuned. I selected June because June is National Iced Tea month, of course.
I’ve assigned a theme to each month of the year. You can look forward to weekly articles and recipes incorporating the theme of each month.
- January – Hot tea month. January 12 is National Hot Tea Day.
- February – Classes of the 6 types of tea and tea manufacturing.
- March – Tea brewing techniques, best practices, and styles. Western vs. Eastern.
- April – British tea month. April 21 –National Tea Day -United Kingdom. (If you’re a fan of The Crown this is for you)!
- May – Teas of the world – China, Japan, Taiwan, Korea.
- June – Iced tea month. June 10 – National Iced Tea Day. June is National Iced Tea month.
- July – Health benefits of tea. Tea as a healing art.
- August – The ancient art of fermenting tea. Kombucha tea and Pu–erh tea.
- September – Herbal tea – tisanes.
- October – Teas of the world – India, Sri Lanka, Kenya, United States.
- November – Tea customs and culture. Cha Dao – The Way of Tea.
- December – Holiday teas and cocktails.
Growing an Audience
Thank you for all of you who come here each week and read my tea posts. As I continue to grow my readership and e-mail list I am always grateful for any help from my current readers and subscribers.
4 Ways You Can Help:
- If you know of anyone who would enjoy or benefit from these posts, please share this with them.
- If you are a blogger or business owner yourself and would like to interview me, please let me know. I am open to all interview requests.
- You can also share Life Is Better With Tea posts with your social media followers using the share buttons before and after each post.
- If you are on any of these social media platforms, you can follow Life Is Better With Tea.
My goal for 2018 is to reach 100,000 readers by the end of the year. With your help, I believe this is possible.
Again, I want to thank all of you. Without my readers, there would be no Life Is Better With Tea blog. And that would be sad because life truly is better with tea.
I need to know more about what you want. Let me know in the comments below what tea topics you’d like to read more about.
Know someone who would love this? Make their day a little special and share it here! ⬇️⬇️