Homemade strawberry tea is so refreshing and easy with only four ingredients. This iced tea recipe is bursting with flavor!
Insanely delicious strawberry iced tea is a crowd pleaser and one of my favorite and most popular fruit-flavored iced teas. It's perfect for spring or summer gatherings, brunches, and mimosas!
Making Iced Tea
How do you make iced tea? It's easy with this four-ingredient recipe!
This fruity strawberry iced tea makes the best-iced tea recipe bursting with juicy strawberries, lemon juice, and fine tea. The recipe calls for black tea, but nothing stops you from replacing that and making strawberry green tea. Yum!
Refreshing is the best word to describe this strawberry-flavored iced tea. If your strawberries are super fresh, they may be quite sweet so that you can scale back on the sugar a bit. Even with a little bit of sugar, this is a healthy iced tea. Freshly brewed with real ingredients is always the best way to make iced tea.
How to Make Strawberry Tea
To liquify the strawberries, you can either mash them in a blender or simmer them on the stove in a saucepan. The simmering method creates a more clear liquid.
Simmering the strawberries with sugar creates a simple strawberry syrup that can be added to any beverage or drizzled over ice cream or even a strawberry pound cake.
You will need 4 ingredients:
- black or green tea
Living on a produce farm as a young girl, one of my favorite memories is the strawberry fields. They were dusty and hot but full of aromatic, juicy strawberries just waiting to be picked. I love the scent of freshly picked strawberries to this day.
My mother made strawberry jams and preserves from our pickings, packing the preserves in mason jars with a paraffin wax seal. Maybe you remember these.
Here are some pro tips I've learned over the years as an award-winning tea producer to make the best-tasting strawberry tea.
Pro Tip No. 1: As always, you can substitute if you don’t have fresh ingredients, but using the freshest organic ingredients possible will result in a little extra special flavor.
Pro Tip No. 2: The riper the strawberries, the sweeter and more delicious they are in this recipe!
Best Tea to Use for Brewing Iced Tea
You can use any black tea to make iced tea, but high-grown teas like Nilgiri and Ceylon (Sri Lanka) teas work especially well with fruit-infused iced tea. My favorite shops for quality loose leaf teas and the ones I buy all the time are :
My mother knew how to make a killer homemade iced tea. Besides strawberry preserves, she always brewed iced tea, the southern sweet style from an old Mississippi tea recipe.
My mothers' love of tea, hot or cold, got me hooked on tea from a young age. So in honor of my mother, I have created a strawberry tea recipe that was never one of her creations but melded memories of iced tea and strawberries into a delicious and refreshing beverage.
For me, the best way to fill the void of missing a loved one is to carry out the very things they loved in their lives.
Cocktail iced tea anyone?
I co-hosted a lady's brunch a few years ago, and we made the most delicious strawberry tea mimosas. You can easily make a sparkling iced tea mimosa with this recipe. Blend ½ strawberry iced tea (see recipe) with ½ sparkling wine. Prosecco is my favorite for a lightly alcoholic iced tea.
Ideally, you would serve them in champagne glasses, not wine glasses. You work with what you have!
- 10 Best Online Tea Shops
- 15 Classic Iced Tea Recipes
- How to Cold Brew Tea Easily and Safely
- 6 Steps to Make The Best Iced Tea
- The Best Simple and Fresh Homemade Peach Iced Tea
Homemade with fresh food ingredients always tastes the best and provides the most nutrients. Trust me; this beats Starbucks strawberry tea any day!
Strawberry Tea Recipe
Insanely Delicious Strawberry Iced Tea
- 1 pint strawberries
- 7 cups filtered water
- 6 tablespoons black loose tea 17.5 grams
- ¾ cup pure cane sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice fresh squeezed is best
- Clean and hull strawberries.
- * Put all the strawberries in a blender. Add 1 cup of water. Blend together until liquid smooth.
- In a saucepan, bring the remaining 6 cups of water to a boil.
- Remove tea leaves.
- Add the sugar to the tea while it’s still hot and stir to dissolve.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Stir all together and pour through a fine mesh strainer into serving pitcher.
- Serve over ice and garnish with strawberry, mint or lemon slice.
* Strawberry Simple Syrup
- * As an alternative to blender mashed strawberries, you can simmer the strawberries in a saucepan to make a simple strawberry syrup.
- * Place strawberries with one cup of water and sugar in a saucepan and simmer down to a liquid. Strain into the brewed tea mixture.
Benefits of Strawberry Tea
You may be asking yourself, "is iced tea healthy?" The short answer is yes, especially fruit iced tea.
As with every recipe, I include the nutritional breakdown for you, but I also like to expand on that a little more to explain exactly what these nutrients do for your body.
- Strawberries: They are an excellent source of vitamin C and manganese and contain decent amounts of folate (B9) and potassium.
Strawberries are very rich in antioxidants and plant compounds and may benefit heart health and blood sugar control.
- Lemons: Another excellent source of vitamin C, soluble fibers, and plant compounds, all of which can provide health benefits.
Lemons may reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer, help protect against anemia and prevent the formation of kidney stones.
Unlike animals, humans do not produce their own vitamin C. We need to take in a sufficient amount of vitamin C to keep our immune system running properly. The stress of illness requires an even higher amount of vitamin C intake to boost our immune system.
- Black Tea: Tea is high in polyphenols, a potent antioxidant. Antioxidants have proven health benefits for cardiovascular health.
Black tea contains an amino acid called l-theanine, which is unique to tea and has some fascinating effects on the brain. L-theanine increases alpha brain waves inducing a calm and deeply relaxed state. Combined with the caffeine, which is about half the amount found in coffee, the overall effect is a focused calm.
- Pure Cane Sugar: What can I say here. It’s refined natural sugar, but at least it’s not genetically modified like high fructose corn syrup.
Refining sugar strips all of the nutrients so you are left with a simple carbohydrate. If you want to get some nutritive value from your sugar aside from carbohydrates (yes a carbohydrate is an essential nutrient), substitute with honey or raw sugar that doesn’t have its nutrients stripped.
Perfect Iced Tea for Sharing
Do you ever think back to who influences your recipes? Do you find joy in creating and making ice tea for others?
No matter what medium we choose to express our desire to connect, we all crave human connections. Some of us do that by sharing food or a cup of tea.
So go ahead and make some home-brewed iced tea and share it with a friend.
New To Tea? START HERE >>